Saturday, July 5, 2008

Jubilee Day


Today I had the great joy of celebrating the Golden Jubilee Mass for two Sisters of the Assumption, my Aunt, Sister Mary Simon of the Word of God and Sister Katherine Anne of Jesus. Together they were celebrating 100 years of vowed commitment to Christ; promise-keeping in a world of promise breaking. I had the great pleasure of meeting, after the Mass, Sister John Mary, who is the great-niece of my hero, Hilaire Belloc. Tomorrow we are off to Rome, travelling by train - Eurostar to Paris, then Paris to Rome overnight. All prayers appreciated - and prayers will be offered for all my good readers - it's going to be hot - 91F!

1 comment:

gemoftheocean said...

Lovely. There is something very wonderful about such women in the world. It gives one hope that there are those dedicated to prayer 24/7.

I hope your time in Rome is wonderful. Say "hey" to the bones of St. Peter for me!