Sunday, May 27, 2007

Announcement Made


I gave the news at all the Masses this weekend that I was being moved - not the happiest Pentecost news! There was some weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth (all right - there was some weeping)! One little one was very sweet - she's just about to start kindergarten, so whatever age that makes her(?) - she told her mother that the Bishop wasn't ever allowed to visit the parish again because he was moving me. I am relieved that I could finally release the news - now the horrible packing begins! When I am home in England at the end of June, I will be making a couple of visits to special holy places to grab as much help as possible from Our Lady and the Saints. My mother and I will be going to Paris for the day on the Eurostar, it's a social visit to my Godfather who has just got married again at the age of 77 - the triumph of hope over experience. We will rush to the Rue du Bac to pray at the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal - and probably buy a sackful!

3 comments:

Michelle Therese said...

Oh wow you are leaving Vermont? What sudden news! I hope you are excited to be coming home to England! (I'm an American living in Scotland!) Where is the shrine of the Miraculous Medal? I have a major devotion to St. Catherine and her medal!

the owl of the remove said...

No, I'm not leaving Vermont - I am moving parishes - but I will have my vacation back in England before I have to start in the new place(s)which I why I need the prayers of Our Lady and the Saints!

ali mata said...

I'll say a prayer for u Father. :)

"Oh Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee"